As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
You mean he was going to protect their private property rights?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago