As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
You mean he was going to protect their private property rights?
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 15 minutes ago
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 55 minutes ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago