As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
Did Bain not pay taxes and then fight not to pay them while at the same time advocating for higher taxes?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 54 minutes ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 5 hours ago