HABEEB: The fact is, it’s easier to sell a political narrative to America when it comports with the cultural narrative we see and hear every day.
“The universe is made up of stories, not atoms,” the poet Mariel Rukeyser once said. Stories, not facts, are the way people process information. Screenplays, plays, scripts, and stories are packed not with hard data but something more powerful and human: emotional data. That’s why we remember stories long after we’ve forgotten facts. Stories stir our souls.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 18 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 20 hours ago