HABEEB: The fact is, it’s easier to sell a political narrative to America when it comports with the cultural narrative we see and hear every day.
“The universe is made up of stories, not atoms,” the poet Mariel Rukeyser once said. Stories, not facts, are the way people process information. Screenplays, plays, scripts, and stories are packed not with hard data but something more powerful and human: emotional data. That’s why we remember stories long after we’ve forgotten facts. Stories stir our souls.
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 26 mins ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 3 hours ago