HABEEB: The fact is, it’s easier to sell a political narrative to America when it comports with the cultural narrative we see and hear every day.
“The universe is made up of stories, not atoms,” the poet Mariel Rukeyser once said. Stories, not facts, are the way people process information. Screenplays, plays, scripts, and stories are packed not with hard data but something more powerful and human: emotional data. That’s why we remember stories long after we’ve forgotten facts. Stories stir our souls.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 8 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 10 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago