"Ask Germaine" This has got to be a put on. No one is so ridiculously partisan that they'd say things like you've said about blacks and whites. No one thinks so little of black people as to believe a storm would affect them in ways others are not affected. Snap out of it, Germaine. Wake up.

Polls: Romney Down One, or Up FIve?

Jonathan6 Wrote: Oct 29, 2012 2:12 PM
I'm from California, and even I know how bad of a senator Sherrod Brown is. Unfortunately for Ohioans, he represents them. Unofrtunately for the rest of us, he rubber-stamps anything Obama wants.

WaPo/ABC News Poll: Romney 50, Obama 47

Jonathan6 Wrote: Oct 26, 2012 11:17 AM
Turn on the video on your smartphone the moment you drive up to the polls, and don't turn it off until you're back in your car. Yes, it's illegal to videotape inside a polling location, but it is not illegal to record sound - which your video camera will do even if it's in your pocket. This will capture any 'voting irregularities' which can be acted upon INSTANTLY.
Excellent point. However, can I ask you and the rest of us to stop using the word 'liberal'? That's like sending $5 to the DNC everytime you say it. They LOVE the words 'liberal' and 'progressive' because they sound so open and compassionate. Use, instead, the word 'leftist'. This is more accurate, it drives them crazy, and it paints a more accurate picture for the independents and undecideds.
In an obtuse way, I'm happy to see the nation's producers holding off making any long term plans for hiring while we have a combative Chief Executive in office. Maybe this doesn't rise to the level of 'civil disobedience', but perhaps we could call it 'commercial disobedience'. It is wonderful to see so many businesses refuse to ramp up their game on a field that is tilted toward socialism. I would LOVE to see the number of people employed so high it's off the charts. I would love $1.80 gas. Yet, if these are some contributing factors to 0's defeat then I personally am willing pay double what it costs to fill my tank. Watch the ENTIRE employment game change once Romney has won the election (and he will).

Poll: Romney 49 - Obama 44

Jonathan6 Wrote: Oct 11, 2012 11:32 AM
Ha! You beat me to it Becca!

Akin: Sorry Guys, I’m here to Stay

Jonathan6 Wrote: Sep 26, 2012 7:52 AM
I don't see it point out in this thread yet that Missouri is an 'open primary'. My understanding is that Akin was supported by a lot of leftists because they wanted him to run against McCaskill. The poetic justice is that, in spite of the embarrasing comments, he's keeping up with McCaskill. Priceless. What does this say about McCaskill? (Rhetorical question... we all know the answer).

Akin: Sorry Guys, I’m here to Stay

Jonathan6 Wrote: Sep 26, 2012 7:49 AM
Unfortunately (for our chances of taking the senate), Rove and Priebus have been crystal about their decision to turn off the spigot. I get it. Really. His comments were embarrasing. But isn't retaking the senate worth holding one's nose in this case? It's not like he's a leftist-sympathizer or something.

Akin: Sorry Guys, I’m here to Stay

Jonathan6 Wrote: Sep 26, 2012 7:45 AM
Well then let's hope the GOP takes the senate comfortably.

Akin: Sorry Guys, I’m here to Stay

Jonathan6 Wrote: Sep 26, 2012 7:37 AM
I'll do my best to repeat a post I read weeks ago regarding Akin and Republican support: Q. Isn't Akin really stupid for making such polarizing, unfounded remarks. A. Yes. But he's better than McCaskill Q. Isn't supporting Akin's campaign tantamount to endorsing his opinions? A. No it isn't. We support him because he's better than Claire McCaskill. Q. Does the GOP really want a person with Akin's opinions in their ranks? A. Not really. But he's better than McCaskill. Etc. Unfortunately I think we need him. We need the senate. It's going to take more than one election to right this ship. As a bourbon-drinking buddy says to me when I offer scotch: "Any port in a storm". I'm for any non-leftist-sympathizing GOP candidate in this cycle.

It's Not Just the Economy, Stupid!

Jonathan6 Wrote: Sep 25, 2012 9:09 AM
The most salient and prophetic words to be uttered from Prager's brain: "The bigger the state, the smaller the citizen." This is why our immigrants who came from socialist/communist countries are SCREAMING at us and our current path toward the evil they escaped.