You can now be "cool" AND anti-Obama. ----------------- The only danger there is being branded and shunned as a 'racist'. That is about all they have left.
Below, Kate references the new Newsweek cover, heralding a story critical of President Obama. More than for most Presidents, the very existence of this cover highlights an ominous trend for Obama.
That's because his 2008 success was more of a cultural phenomenon than a political one (although he and other lefties mistakenly thought it was a political endorsement, a misunderstanding that has caused many of their electoral problems). It was simply "cool" and "in" to be an Obama supporter. Almost every element of the political and popular press hailed Obama to the skies-- NOT to support
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 23 minutes ago
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Madeleine Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Raffi Williams, Dustin Siggins, William Jacobson Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago