He will find a way to spend a few billion in taxpayer dollars in his desperate attempt to cling to power - but it won't work.
The Washington Times reports that the Department of Labor will be giving out $100 million in "grant funding" to states to prevent layoffs by businesses (which, obviously, would damage the President politically).
Under the plan, the federal grants will go to states, which will then hand it out to businesses that agree to pay employees as part-time workers, rather than laying them off. Our tax dollars will be used to supplement the part-time pay so that they receive their full-time salaries.
Obviously, this gambit is a thinly-disguised scheme to use taxpayer money for the President's...
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago