He will find a way to spend a few billion in taxpayer dollars in his desperate attempt to cling to power - but it won't work.
The Washington Times reports that the Department of Labor will be giving out $100 million in "grant funding" to states to prevent layoffs by businesses (which, obviously, would damage the President politically).
Under the plan, the federal grants will go to states, which will then hand it out to businesses that agree to pay employees as part-time workers, rather than laying them off. Our tax dollars will be used to supplement the part-time pay so that they receive their full-time salaries.
Obviously, this gambit is a thinly-disguised scheme to use taxpayer money for the President's...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 8 hours ago