He will find a way to spend a few billion in taxpayer dollars in his desperate attempt to cling to power - but it won't work.
The Washington Times reports that the Department of Labor will be giving out $100 million in "grant funding" to states to prevent layoffs by businesses (which, obviously, would damage the President politically).
Under the plan, the federal grants will go to states, which will then hand it out to businesses that agree to pay employees as part-time workers, rather than laying them off. Our tax dollars will be used to supplement the part-time pay so that they receive their full-time salaries.
Obviously, this gambit is a thinly-disguised scheme to use taxpayer money for the President's...
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crimea declares independence, applies for Russian reunion Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago