He will find a way to spend a few billion in taxpayer dollars in his desperate attempt to cling to power - but it won't work.
The Washington Times reports that the Department of Labor will be giving out $100 million in "grant funding" to states to prevent layoffs by businesses (which, obviously, would damage the President politically).
Under the plan, the federal grants will go to states, which will then hand it out to businesses that agree to pay employees as part-time workers, rather than laying them off. Our tax dollars will be used to supplement the part-time pay so that they receive their full-time salaries.
Obviously, this gambit is a thinly-disguised scheme to use taxpayer money for the President's...
- Soon, you might be able to carry a gun just about anywhere in Georgia Erika Johnsen 38 minutes ago
- Kerry retreats on recognition of Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Brown ramping up Senate run in New Hampshire: AP Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Reuters: Radar data suggests that the missing Malaysian jet was flown far off course deliberately Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama: Yeah, a lot of you won’t be able to keep your doctor after all Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- WaPo: Four Pinocchios for Dems’ Koch habit Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago