TAMPA, FL - Governor Mitt Romney accepted his party's nomination for the presidency of the United States of America tonight, telling RNC delegates that voters face a clear choice in November. His remarks focused on his broad executive experience in both the private and public sectors, and the future he envisions for America. The basic message: Here's who I am. Here's where I come from and what I've done. Here are my values. Here's the current state of the union. And here are my solutions. Please join me. Like Paul Ryan last night, Romney drew contrasts with his opponent,...
I was given to understand that the Obama campaign had a nearly instantaneous response to Mr. Romney's speech. Apparently President Obama or his team couldn't see it, hear it, or conceptualize it, "no big ideas," or some such (I'm paraphrasing what I heard at FOX). Honestly, I don't know how they missed it. The big idea is America. An idea bigger than any "big" ideas President Obama has been able to come up with for sure, but then I guess it is hard to see what is right in front of you when you reject it. Go figure.
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 38 mins ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago