How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
Wasn't it good old Ben Franklin who said, "Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what to eat for lunch"?
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 6 hours ago