Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
The Republicans' ACE-in-the-Hole is challenging ObaMao with the facts and the truth: 1. JFK lowered taxes and government revenue went up dramatically...this is known as Revenue through Growth. ObaMao, why is your plan better that JFK's? 2. ObaMao rails against 'millionaires and billionaires' not paying enough taxes. Obamao, why do you trash millionaires and billionaires but start the higher tax rate at $250,000; even in Obama-Math, $250,000 is not = to $1 million...or $1 billion. 3. The top1% of tax payers pay 40% of the revenue. ObaMao, what is their 'fair share'...specifically.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 10 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 12 hours ago