Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
The Republicans' ACE-in-the-Hole is challenging ObaMao with the facts and the truth: 1. JFK lowered taxes and government revenue went up dramatically...this is known as Revenue through Growth. ObaMao, why is your plan better that JFK's? 2. ObaMao rails against 'millionaires and billionaires' not paying enough taxes. Obamao, why do you trash millionaires and billionaires but start the higher tax rate at $250,000; even in Obama-Math, $250,000 is not = to $1 million...or $1 billion. 3. The top1% of tax payers pay 40% of the revenue. ObaMao, what is their 'fair share'...specifically.
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 33 minutes ago
- Pew poll: 61% of Republicans under age 30 support legalizing gay marriage Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Breaking: National lightbringer turns out not to be so centrist after all Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Evan Sayet Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Mystery deepens: Missing Malaysian jet reportedly flew hundreds of miles in the wrong direction Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Andrew Malcolm, Melissa Henson Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago