Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
The Republicans' ACE-in-the-Hole is challenging ObaMao with the facts and the truth: 1. JFK lowered taxes and government revenue went up dramatically...this is known as Revenue through Growth. ObaMao, why is your plan better that JFK's? 2. ObaMao rails against 'millionaires and billionaires' not paying enough taxes. Obamao, why do you trash millionaires and billionaires but start the higher tax rate at $250,000; even in Obama-Math, $250,000 is not = to $1 million...or $1 billion. 3. The top1% of tax payers pay 40% of the revenue. ObaMao, what is their 'fair share'...specifically.
- Poll: Republican voters back immigration reform? Noah Rothman 34 minutes ago
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago