Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
The Republicans' ACE-in-the-Hole is challenging ObaMao with the facts and the truth: 1. JFK lowered taxes and government revenue went up dramatically...this is known as Revenue through Growth. ObaMao, why is your plan better that JFK's? 2. ObaMao rails against 'millionaires and billionaires' not paying enough taxes. Obamao, why do you trash millionaires and billionaires but start the higher tax rate at $250,000; even in Obama-Math, $250,000 is not = to $1 million...or $1 billion. 3. The top1% of tax payers pay 40% of the revenue. ObaMao, what is their 'fair share'...specifically.
- Democrats fumbling their way to turnout debacle? Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes; Update: One more try? Update: Tomorrow Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 3 hours ago