It is an axiom in the insurance business that insurance is not bought but sold. In 1935 Franklin Roosevelt sold Congress and Congress sold the U. S. the Social Security Act, the biggest, most comprehensive, most expensive mass insurance policy ever written. Since then its purchasers, the nation's taxpayers, have had occasion to read their policy carefully and, if they have detected no outright jokers, their reaction has been such that practically every politician in the U. S. from Franklin Roosevelt down has put revision of Social Security at the top of his must list.- Pie from the Sky Time Magazine,...
3rd post- I am aware Pres Johnson took our SS money to fund HIS war. That led to everyone else in Congress sticking their hand in the pot as well. IOU's have never been paid. What if I pay taxes and the Pres decides that he could use that money to fund somehing else. So with the stroke of the pen he says he is taking that money out of IRS and putting it into another fune. Would that be okay too. Same thing. NO difference. We are talking of trillions of $$ from SS taken. And they want to tell us this was an entitlement that came out of our pay checks?? Baloney!!
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago