Or maybe, Mr. Bowyer, you fail to recognize that most of the people who do come here illegally, are fleeing an oppresive government that DOES NOT ALLOW freedoms for its people, and the leaders are too in-line with their own lazy, selfish, self-serving greed of money and power.......kind of like the Democrat leaders of our own nation...who don't really stand for anyones freedoms, but rather stand for government control of its people. Is this your way of saying the wealthy and successful, should be stripped of the monetary gain, and have it dispersed amongst ALL?
On Wednesday evening former Secretary of State Condi Rice picked a fight with a large and vocal section of the Republican base, and I’m glad she did. This confrontation is long overdue. Zero-tolerance law-and-order rhetoric about the immigration issue has become the standard for talk radio and other conservative circles, and I think that this fact puts much of the conservative movement at odds with two of its most important foundations: a view of compassion derived from the Biblical tradition, and a commitment to economic freedom and limited government as an optimistic upward path to prosperity.
Here’s what she said:...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago