Then you wouldn't have the success that you have.
On Wednesday evening former Secretary of State Condi Rice picked a fight with a large and vocal section of the Republican base, and I’m glad she did. This confrontation is long overdue. Zero-tolerance law-and-order rhetoric about the immigration issue has become the standard for talk radio and other conservative circles, and I think that this fact puts much of the conservative movement at odds with two of its most important foundations: a view of compassion derived from the Biblical tradition, and a commitment to economic freedom and limited government as an optimistic upward path to prosperity.
Here’s what she said:...
- Would you care for some ObamaCare with your March Madness? Erika Johnsen 31 minutes ago
- What’s so important about Israel being a “Jewish State,” anyway? jeffdunetz 1 hour ago
- Bill Gates on minimum wage hike: “I worry about what that does to job creation.” Kevin Glass 1 hour ago
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago