There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
We need voter ID laws immediately. It's that simple. There is NO EVIDENCE that voter ID laws depress voting. Everyone NOW has ID, I'm sorry. The ONLY reason to not have ID laws is to facilitate cheating, it's that simple. Most other countries require ID. We all know Dems cheat massively during elections going way back. I'm not saying that Obummer won totally because of cheating. It may be that there are enough idiots out there. But we need to take cheating off the table for good. It is better for the country. You don't want millions of Americans feeling that not matter how they vote, the election will be stolen.
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 14 minutes ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 3 hours ago