Perhaps it's no coincidence that the trial balloon was sent up shortly before Christmas -- there are just so, so many reasons to oppose the idea of former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford running for Congress.
It's not just the bizarre, humiliating way he treated his former wife and sons, admitting to serial adultery and a love affair that cost him his marriage and family.
It's not just that he had to reimburse South Carolina for state-funded travel he used for cosy rendezvous with his then-mistress (now fiancee).
It's also that, while governor of a state,
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Obama’s criticism of Israel: Deflection or duplicitousness? Jeff Dunetz 54 mins ago
- Grand Jury in Michael Brown shooting under scrutiny following tweets Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Intel and military sources: We could have hit “Khorasan” in June Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Sources: DOJ won’t file civil-rights charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago