Perhaps it's no coincidence that the trial balloon was sent up shortly before Christmas -- there are just so, so many reasons to oppose the idea of former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford running for Congress.
It's not just the bizarre, humiliating way he treated his former wife and sons, admitting to serial adultery and a love affair that cost him his marriage and family.
It's not just that he had to reimburse South Carolina for state-funded travel he used for cosy rendezvous with his then-mistress (now fiancee).
It's also that, while governor of a state,
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- TEMS Thursday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 37 minutes ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Male justices can’t understand Hobby Lobby case because genitals Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Democrats fumbling their way to turnout debacle? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes; Update: One more try? Update: Tomorrow Allahpundit 3 hours ago