Perhaps it's no coincidence that the trial balloon was sent up shortly before Christmas -- there are just so, so many reasons to oppose the idea of former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford running for Congress.
It's not just the bizarre, humiliating way he treated his former wife and sons, admitting to serial adultery and a love affair that cost him his marriage and family.
It's not just that he had to reimburse South Carolina for state-funded travel he used for cosy rendezvous with his then-mistress (now fiancee).
It's also that, while governor of a state,
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 4 hours ago