Perhaps it's no coincidence that the trial balloon was sent up shortly before Christmas -- there are just so, so many reasons to oppose the idea of former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford running for Congress.
It's not just the bizarre, humiliating way he treated his former wife and sons, admitting to serial adultery and a love affair that cost him his marriage and family.
It's not just that he had to reimburse South Carolina for state-funded travel he used for cosy rendezvous with his then-mistress (now fiancee).
It's also that, while governor of a state,
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014