Perhaps it's no coincidence that the trial balloon was sent up shortly before Christmas -- there are just so, so many reasons to oppose the idea of former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford running for Congress.
It's not just the bizarre, humiliating way he treated his former wife and sons, admitting to serial adultery and a love affair that cost him his marriage and family.
It's not just that he had to reimburse South Carolina for state-funded travel he used for cosy rendezvous with his then-mistress (now fiancee).
It's also that, while governor of a state,
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 54 minutes ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago