They've been given an inch and now they're taking a mile. As we've reported here at Townhall, Democrats promised to cut spending as part of the fiscal cliff deal, so long as tax rates went up on the "rich," or in other words, anybody who earns a paycheck. As a reminder, the fiscal cliff deal gave us $41 in tax hikes for every $1 in spending cuts. On top of that, let's not forget about the $1 trillion ObamaCare tax hike also buried in the fiscal cliff. Now, Democrats are planning to squeeze taxpayers for another cool $1 trillion...
In response to:
This is too funny. It shows how stupid and out of touch Dems are. On the surface, as bad as the cliff deal was the Repubs did the right thing in letting it pass. Short term it was a defeat. Long term a def victory. The Dems are so stupid. All repubs have to do is say every day: "we passed the tax increase on the wealthy, now we will ONLY consider cuts. We gave you want you campaigned for, not it's cuts only." They can just sit back and anything bad that happens even sequestration WILL be blamed on Dems. And as middle class people see their withholdings increase and take home decrease it's a slam dunk for Repubs. It shows what a liar and how stupid Dems are. Repubs are in drivers seat now. They don't have to do SQUAT. Haha eat that.
- Video: Don Lemon claims “most people” can buy automatic weapons in America Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 3 hours ago