Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
Then there are the dependent themselves. One need merely look at British mobs to see that what we call ghetto culture and associate with minorities is in fact the product of dependency. It is deeply pathological and obviously so. Indigenous American reservations show us where it ends up; drug and alcohol addiction without even the energy or inclination to riot and loot. The most one can do is escape and that is what minorities and indigenous Amerians do whenever they can. Liberals try to keep them on the dole. Presumably millions of ruined lives is a small price to pay for a stable voting block. If this isn't evil what is?
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago