Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
The far left was in the wilderness for most of the 20th century. The barbarity of socialism was there for all to see, but they persisted, with a little help from the Soviets they moved into schools, universities, the media, religious groups, the media, foundations and the environmental movement. When we were celebrating the fall of the Soviet Union and the triumphant victory of capitalism they were positioned to move into power. Moderate democrats and liberal Republicans alike had built a state apparatus that could just be taken over, much like Hitler took over the social welfare state Bismarck had built and used it to complete his consolidation of power.
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 6 hours ago