The ministry of finance controls (in a very Japanese way) both the PM's office and already has great influence on the Central Bank, but they do it through consensus throughout the top bureaucratic, banking and corporate level. It is unlikely that the PM would do anything without the Ministry's approval. They may be trying to build a consensus for higher rates of inflation and a weaker Yen. The MOF has been trying to weaken the Yen and raise inflation for over two decades but it has remained stubbornly strong.
- Pew survey: “Consistent liberals” most likely to block others on social media for disagreeing with them politically Allahpundit 47 mins ago
- Hawaii Democrat backs travel ban, denounces politicization of the issue Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Subtle: Pro-Kay Hagan fliers warns GOP victory with lynching images Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Age of Enlightenment: NY university offering training for couples on how to break up Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Michele Bachmann must be doing something right if ISIS is after her Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- The worst political ad ever? Or the most awesome? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago