In response to:
Yes there will be revenues, but they will come from the broader base of lower brackets, what democrats used to call tax cuts for the rich, but which weren't. He will then call for those increases on lower brackets to be restored and he will blame the Republicans for the stagnation. But he won't take yes for an answer either as his goal is to destroy the Republican party. If we go over the fiscal cliff, which is really just a mole hill, there will be minor cuts which is good and the Republicans will demonstrate backbone, won't be destroyed and will be in a stronger position come debt ceiling increase battles. They should call his bluff.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago