Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
The issue is not guns, the media frenzy is being used to target the first amendment. The second amendment will be nudged again either by a cowardly congress or by executive order. Video games will be targeted as will privacy, next they will target pornography, then nudge these changes toward definitions that will reduce internet freedom and freedom of speech as the definition of pornography morphs toward hate speech and from there in a political direction. Only mindless liberals who go along with everything these people say do not know that guns are not the problem. But the far left knows well what they are doing and where they are taking us. And conservatives and strong supporters of the second amendment will fall for it.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago