It matters because being gay is still a stigma in society. Teenagers still contemplate committing suicide because of their sexuality. Collins spoke out to bring society towards the day when, to paraphrase MLK, a man will be judged on the content of his character, and not on his sexuality. I have no regard for Obama's domestic or foreign policies, but on this one particular instant, he was right. And I say that as a straight male and a right-libertarian.
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidate start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 3 hours ago