Dr. Martin Luther King spoke of this “third party” as well – although not in those terms – saying that it “must be reminded that it is not the master or the servant of the state, but rather the conscience of...
What you believe and what Christian doctrine claims to be the truth are irrelevent to the way the majority of other so-called Christians think and behave. Life is a lot less mysterious today and, just as importantly, the technology that has grown out of scientific knowledge has made life much easier and much more pleasant than when Christianity was in it's hayday. Praying to God to take away a headache, for instance, is far less effective than taking a pill. This and all the other advantages of technology are not lost on the common man and woman. They know where to place their bets.
According to the latest polls, only one percent of voters will cast their ballot for a third party candidate, which means that all the talk of a protest vote against the two main parties will amount to little or nothing. Yet there is already a viable third party in America. It simply needs to awaken to its calling.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 5 hours ago