Previous 11 - 20 Next
In response to:

College Isn't For Everyone

johninohio Wrote: Apr 07, 2014 12:44 AM
My understanding is that only public unions, those who work for state government, had their tail feathers trimmed. Private sector unions are unaffected.
3) When he died, who did he give his money to? Kids, charity or the federal government?
1) Just what % of the population is composed of children of wealth? 2) Maybe Carnegie just happened to be teed off at his kids on the day he said that.
In response to:

Why Hillary Clinton Will Win in 2016

johninohio Wrote: Apr 03, 2014 2:57 PM
The performance of the establishment Repubs is not due to stupidity or incompetence. The truth, as I see it, is that they admire and bow before the Democrats/leftists strategies and success. They know that the Dems have won, and the only thing left for them is to hang onto their cushy jobs and what few scraps of power the Dems haven't won. They know the left has succeeded in converting a majority of Americans into fearful, government loving children, so attacking Dems with truth only drives these voters away. They have to find that sweet spot where they say nothing that offends, while at the same time maintain their grip on the hopes of the minority of grownups that won't vote for leftists. This is why the RINOs are so fearful of TEA Party Repubs--they keep insisting on speaking the truth about what is wrong with Big (leftist) Government.
In response to:

War Party Oligarch

johninohio Wrote: Apr 01, 2014 11:08 PM
Any intelligent person, including Pat, understands that Sheldon has no desire to literally carry out that scenario. The remark was merely a way of saying, 'I share your frustration with this administration's limp negotiations with Iran. We need to be tougher.' That's my way of giving him the benefit of the doubt. Pat needed something to write about. so he made a mountain out of a molehill, and you guys fell for it.
You need to understand the difference between 'natural' and 'normal'. If people are born gay, then that's natural. But since gayness is only about 5% of the population, it can't be called normal. Normal is the other 95%. I'm left handed. That's natural, but lefties are only 10% of the population, therefore my left handedness is not 'normal'.
In response to:

The Communist States of America

johninohio Wrote: Apr 01, 2014 1:30 AM
Fascism in the past has had elements of nationalism mixed with it, but that is not an essential part of the power structure of fascism. Today, some label what we have as corporatism, and we are becoming more so. But that is really fascism by another name, used because the word fascism has been tainted by the nationalism and racism of the Nazis.
In response to:

The Communist States of America

johninohio Wrote: Mar 31, 2014 12:00 PM
Agreed
In response to:

The Communist States of America

johninohio Wrote: Mar 31, 2014 11:53 AM
Communism has never actually existed for a significant period of time anywhere or anytime in the world, because it is supposed to be a classless society where everyone, uncoerced, works together for the good of the collective. No drive toward that goal has ever succeeded because it degenerates into fascism, which is the enslavement of the masses, ruled by a political/military/economic elite. Herald makes a mistake thinking that the failures of 'communism' have turned people against it. But rational thought is no match for the child like fascination people have for the idea of living without rules and being assured of never suffering the consequences. The world that Herald envisions will never exist because all the complaints he has about our culture will pale in comparison to the most pressing concerns of the people of that future--survival in a dying nation.
Money will help you starve less than your poorer neighbor.
That's because, in Ezekiel's time, they knew nothing about the far north, and if they had known, they would not have viewed it as important since the whole region was populated with disorganized stone age tribes.
Previous 11 - 20 Next