The United States would appear to have entered a new trend for new jobless claims, one characterized by outliers and volatility. Our chart below showing the residual distribution of the number of new jobless claims filed each week shows just how far off from normal things have become since 22 September 2012, which we're marking as the end of the previous trend.
In fact, the data is so volatile right now that we're not able to accurately determine what the real trend in new jobless claims might be. For that, we'll need anywhere from six...
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 33 minutes ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago