The United States would appear to have entered a new trend for new jobless claims, one characterized by outliers and volatility. Our chart below showing the residual distribution of the number of new jobless claims filed each week shows just how far off from normal things have become since 22 September 2012, which we're marking as the end of the previous trend.
In fact, the data is so volatile right now that we're not able to accurately determine what the real trend in new jobless claims might be. For that, we'll need anywhere from six...
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 30 minutes ago
- Has al-Qaeda taken over a secret US base in Libya? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NYT poll shows Pryor up 10 in Arkansas Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Lavrov: Russia will respond in Ukraine if interests “attacked” … like we did in 2008 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WaPo columnist: Home ownership is a lousy investment Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago