The United States would appear to have entered a new trend for new jobless claims, one characterized by outliers and volatility. Our chart below showing the residual distribution of the number of new jobless claims filed each week shows just how far off from normal things have become since 22 September 2012, which we're marking as the end of the previous trend.
In fact, the data is so volatile right now that we're not able to accurately determine what the real trend in new jobless claims might be. For that, we'll need anywhere from six...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago