A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
Worked for 26 years with a company and she has only worked up to bun handler? She should have been gotten rid of years ago to save salary costs.
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 41 minutes ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- Here we go: Obama now reviewing deportation policy after pressure from immigration activists Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- House Democrats: We can’t build Keystone XL ’cause we need to keep 80 percent of our resources below ground Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Republicans must agree to disagree on social issues in order to grow the party Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Small-business employees locked out of Covered California health care Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago