One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
Off topic.... Lance.. which recipe did ya want?
- Uh oh: Only 5-15% of enrollees have paid their first month of premiums in some ObamaCare plans Allahpundit 56 minutes ago
- New data from HHS: 365,000 sign-ups for ObamaCare plans so far Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: Administration tells Israel it lied about Iran deal jeffdunetz 2 hours ago
- WaPo: ObamaCare is pretty much a compliance nightmare for small businesses Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Pointless Person of the Year list missing some options Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Running on Obamacare… away from the election Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago