Build Better Teachers

JohnInFlorida51 Wrote: Aug 29, 2014 8:02 AM
Teaching teachers how to teach is a noble goal and one which should be pursued diligently. To take this comment off on a bit of a tangent, I have a problem with the subtitle ... "49 Techniques That Put Students on the Path to College." I, for one, would like to see a strategy that focuses on 49 Techniques That Put Students on the Path to success. For many, college is overrated. And yet, since the 60's (or earlier) alternative paths to success have been disparaged and belittled. I can babble on here about college not being for all but I think Mike Rowe says it much better than I can. I think the headline of this segment from "The Katie Show" is inaccurate. If you dig deeper, what Rowe really says is that college is not the only avenue to success: http://katiecouric.com/videos/dirty-jobs-mike-rowe-college/ If you are truly interested in this subject, this interview is definately worth your time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzKzu86Agg0 more: http://www.mikeroweworks.com/home

Time for a Rethink

JohnInFlorida51 Wrote: Aug 10, 2014 12:32 PM
That'd be a nice change ...

Time for a Rethink

JohnInFlorida51 Wrote: Aug 10, 2014 12:26 PM
But the facts show that the Republican tent is not the Conservative tent. One Sen/Rep at a time, we're steering it in that direction, but until there's a leadership change to go along with the backbench changes that are happening, there's no "small government" in the Republican tent. JohnInFlorida Enforce the 10th, repeal the 17th, support the Convention of States and may God bless the United States of America.
"Clinton Candidacy Imperiled by Overexposure" Overexposure? No, nothing imperils Mrs. Clinton's candidacy more than Mrs. Clinton character and lack of integrity ... Nothing!
Old enough here to remember "Climate Change" as "Global Warming" AND as "Global Cooling" AND all the dire prediction that have been put forth for each of those iteration. I don't deny that the climate changes or that the globe warms or that it cools. What I do deny is that this changing/warming/cooling can be significantly influenced by the U.S. Government spending billions/trillions of dollar$ and subsequently reducing the U.S. to just another mediocre used-to-be. Consensus is not science and additionally there is no consensus except in the minds of those who gain employment and/or power/wealth by trumpeting the eventual demise of the world as we know it while ignoring the growing body of scientists who inhabit the other side of the argument.
"... and it 'went rogue' immediately." For an answer to why the above quote is not accurate, go to: http://www.conventionofstates.com/news/constitution-was-not-illegally-adopted

You Say You Want a Revolution

JohnInFlorida51 Wrote: Oct 28, 2013 8:22 AM
Those of you who still believe what we're seeing is "incompetence" well ... have I mentioned that I've a bridge I'd like to sell you? Whether Obama is the architect (not likely, IMO) or just the frontman, he's orchestrating the carefully thought out, long term progressive strategy. (see Agenda: Grinding America Down ... The Naked Communist ... etc.)

You Say You Want a Revolution

JohnInFlorida51 Wrote: Oct 28, 2013 8:15 AM
From your lips to Gods ears ... but I'm not holding my breath.

You Say You Want a Revolution

JohnInFlorida51 Wrote: Oct 28, 2013 8:07 AM
ppl with that much ammo, don't fear much ... buckle up, bumpy road ahead ...