Alas, we still have Rick Santorum saying Obamacare is the same as what he calls "Romneycare"; the otherwise brilliant Mickey Kaus sniffing that if states can mandate insurance purchases, then we're "not talking about some basic individual liberty to not purchase stuff" (no, just the nation's founding document, which protects "basic individual liberties" by putting constraints on Congress); and the former law professor, Barack Obama, alleging that a "good example" of judicial activism would be the Supreme Court (in his...
In response to:
Not really. The main source of federal power is the income tax - authorized only in 1913 and put on steroids in World War II. But even as late as the 1920s, the entire federal government operated on the budget of one division of one of Obama's tiniest departments.
The reason tea partiers carried signs saying "Read the Constitution!" was that we were hoping people would read the Constitution.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago