When 1950s comedian Lenny Bruce titillated his audiences with the F-word and crude sex talk, liberals came to his defense. They reminded us that vulgar speech is not a crime: The First Amendment was not just designed to protect uplifting expression, but also rarer blasphemous and indecent...
Gentle Readers, Denis is re-posting the same comments ( see below ) throughout all TownHall Columns, cut & paste, off-topic and word for word. It's an abuse of the system. Please flag these comments as offensive. Cutting & pasting off-topic on every column isn't a comment. If this person wants to blog, they should do so. Sincerely, John Lepant
The American Left used to champion free expression. We were lectured -- correctly -- that the price of being repulsed by occasional crude talk and art was worth paying. Only that way could Americans ensure our daily right to criticize those with greater power and influence whom we found wrong and objectionable.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 5 hours ago