When 1950s comedian Lenny Bruce titillated his audiences with the F-word and crude sex talk, liberals came to his defense. They reminded us that vulgar speech is not a crime: The First Amendment was not just designed to protect uplifting expression, but also rarer blasphemous and indecent...
Gentle Readers, Denis is re-posting the same comments ( see below ) throughout all TownHall Columns, cut & paste, off-topic and word for word. It's an abuse of the system. Please flag these comments as offensive. Cutting & pasting off-topic on every column isn't a comment. If this person wants to blog, they should do so. Sincerely, John Lepant
The American Left used to champion free expression. We were lectured -- correctly -- that the price of being repulsed by occasional crude talk and art was worth paying. Only that way could Americans ensure our daily right to criticize those with greater power and influence whom we found wrong and objectionable.
- Attkisson: CBS News too “ideologically entrenched” to air stories critical of the Obama administration Ed Morrissey 59 minutes ago
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit Apr 20, 2014