When 1950s comedian Lenny Bruce titillated his audiences with the F-word and crude sex talk, liberals came to his defense. They reminded us that vulgar speech is not a crime: The First Amendment was not just designed to protect uplifting expression, but also rarer blasphemous and indecent...
Gentle Readers, Denis is re-posting the same comments ( see below ) throughout all TownHall Columns, cut & paste, off-topic and word for word. It's an abuse of the system. Please flag these comments as offensive. Cutting & pasting off-topic on every column isn't a comment. If this person wants to blog, they should do so. Sincerely, John Lepant
The American Left used to champion free expression. We were lectured -- correctly -- that the price of being repulsed by occasional crude talk and art was worth paying. Only that way could Americans ensure our daily right to criticize those with greater power and influence whom we found wrong and objectionable.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago