Dear Mr. Greenberg, Republicans lost the 2008 elections to a Democrat landslide. Michael Steele took the defeated Republican Party, which was supposed to be a ' regional ' and ' minority ' party for at least 30 years, and engineered the biggest electoral victory in U.S. history in the 2010 for the Republicans. Then, we dumped Mr. Steele. Mr. Steele took the RNC chairmanship after the 2008 drubbing when nobody else wanted the job. After he turned the RNC into an election- winning machine, EVERYBODY wanted the job! Look - we made a big mistake! We need to bring Mr. Steele back. If he can't be chairman, put him into a position of real authority - some type of COO for the Republicans. That man knows how to win!
Congatulations, Mr. President. You fought this election out on your principles and your ground -- the politics of identity, whether ethnic, class or partisan -- and prevailed. Early in the night. There was no contested cliffhanger. There was no extended legal struggle a la Bush v. Gore in 2000, the presidential election that threatened never to end. There are no demands that the Electoral College be abandoned in favor of some French-style popular vote. And no hard feelings. At least no more than the usual cavils. Call it a happy ending. Four More Years! Though they may be only four more...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 4 hours ago