Dear Mr. Greenberg, Republicans lost the 2008 elections to a Democrat landslide. Michael Steele took the defeated Republican Party, which was supposed to be a ' regional ' and ' minority ' party for at least 30 years, and engineered the biggest electoral victory in U.S. history in the 2010 for the Republicans. Then, we dumped Mr. Steele. Mr. Steele took the RNC chairmanship after the 2008 drubbing when nobody else wanted the job. After he turned the RNC into an election- winning machine, EVERYBODY wanted the job! Look - we made a big mistake! We need to bring Mr. Steele back. If he can't be chairman, put him into a position of real authority - some type of COO for the Republicans. That man knows how to win!
Congatulations, Mr. President. You fought this election out on your principles and your ground -- the politics of identity, whether ethnic, class or partisan -- and prevailed. Early in the night. There was no contested cliffhanger. There was no extended legal struggle a la Bush v. Gore in 2000, the presidential election that threatened never to end. There are no demands that the Electoral College be abandoned in favor of some French-style popular vote. And no hard feelings. At least no more than the usual cavils. Call it a happy ending. Four More Years! Though they may be only four more...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 8 hours ago