Several smart columnists and respected conservative editorial pieces tell us that a major silver lining in the crisis deal just concluded is that by agreeing not to reinstitute the Clinton tax rates (and leave the Bush rates in place) for all but the "wealthy" (income of $400,000 for single filers and $450,000 for marrieds), Obama and the Democrats made a major concession. They argue that if Democrats couldn't do better after...
Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado was on the news last night saying that the president really wants to reduce the deficit/debt and will be working with Congress to accomplish that. We know that is baloney. This man is very rich and supposedly very smart. If he really doesn't know BO and his handlers for who they are, then he is not as smart as people say; and that make him a useful idiot. If he does, then he is in on it and he is as reprehensible as the rest of the leftist in this country. We need to put the names of the egregious politicians out there more often so that others will know. The media won't help in that regard.
I hate to break it to those deniers who believe that President Obama's tax-guzzling capacity has somehow been diminished by the fiscal cliff provision to fix "permanent" tax rates. You're dreaming.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago