Several smart columnists and respected conservative editorial pieces tell us that a major silver lining in the crisis deal just concluded is that by agreeing not to reinstitute the Clinton tax rates (and leave the Bush rates in place) for all but the "wealthy" (income of $400,000 for single filers and $450,000 for marrieds), Obama and the Democrats made a major concession. They argue that if Democrats couldn't do better after...
Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado was on the news last night saying that the president really wants to reduce the deficit/debt and will be working with Congress to accomplish that. We know that is baloney. This man is very rich and supposedly very smart. If he really doesn't know BO and his handlers for who they are, then he is not as smart as people say; and that make him a useful idiot. If he does, then he is in on it and he is as reprehensible as the rest of the leftist in this country. We need to put the names of the egregious politicians out there more often so that others will know. The media won't help in that regard.
I hate to break it to those deniers who believe that President Obama's tax-guzzling capacity has somehow been diminished by the fiscal cliff provision to fix "permanent" tax rates. You're dreaming.
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 39 mins ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 2 hour ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago