Over the past two months, Europe's problems seem to have disappeared from the headlines. However, the new French Socialist government is pushing ahead with policies that favor significantly higher government spending, greater regulation of business and commerce, and severely higher taxes on high earners. The long term effects of these policies, which I believe will lead to further economic decline, may be given fresh scrutiny if France is drawn into a lasting conflict in West Africa as a result of its surprise intervention in Mali last week. The financial discussions that will certainly accompany a longer term strategic commitment to the...
In response to:
Obama wants us to go in the same direction with his "Organizing for Action" campaign. He and his handlers will destroy this country from within. It's sad that enough Americans (presumably all legitimate voters) re-elected him and continue to be blind to what is going on. I fear that we will have to go through a great upheaval before this treacherous onslaught of socialistic tyranny is turned back. The more secular we become, the more difficult it will be to defeat.
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 44 minutes ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 4 hours ago