The first round of UN Arms Trade Treaty talks may have fallen apart at the month-long conference held in NYC this past July, but as Ted Bromund over at Heritage noted at the time, “Now that the concept of the ATT has been invented, it cannot be uninvented. There are too many countries and too many left-wing nongovernmental organizations that want a treaty.” He was right and as Katie reported last week, it didn’t take very long to initiate another attempt. One question she raised in her post deserves more attention: “Is the argument from the U.N. that...
In response to:
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a victim. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone. Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface. Gun control is not about guns; it’s about control. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords? If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms. If you don’t know your rights you don’t have any. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
- Next co-host of “The View”: Meghan McCain? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago