The first round of UN Arms Trade Treaty talks may have fallen apart at the month-long conference held in NYC this past July, but as Ted Bromund over at Heritage noted at the time, “Now that the concept of the ATT has been invented, it cannot be uninvented. There are too many countries and too many left-wing nongovernmental organizations that want a treaty.” He was right and as Katie reported last week, it didn’t take very long to initiate another attempt. One question she raised in her post deserves more attention: “Is the argument from the U.N. that...
In response to:
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a victim. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone. Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface. Gun control is not about guns; it’s about control. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords? If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms. If you don’t know your rights you don’t have any. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- FBI warns ISIS trying to kidnap journalists abroad Noah Rothman 7 hours ago