The first round of UN Arms Trade Treaty talks may have fallen apart at the month-long conference held in NYC this past July, but as Ted Bromund over at Heritage noted at the time, “Now that the concept of the ATT has been invented, it cannot be uninvented. There are too many countries and too many left-wing nongovernmental organizations that want a treaty.” He was right and as Katie reported last week, it didn’t take very long to initiate another attempt. One question she raised in her post deserves more attention: “Is the argument from the U.N. that...
In response to:
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a victim. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone. Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface. Gun control is not about guns; it’s about control. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords? If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms. If you don’t know your rights you don’t have any. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
- US, Afghanistan sign security agreement; 9800 US troops to stay Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Cheer up, Eric Holder: You’re only the third-most-hated Obama Cabinet official Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Hot Air returns to the Vatican Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Rand Paul’s become acceptably hawkish for a prospective GOP nominee, says … John McCain Allahpundit 12 hours ago