1 - 6

An Evangelical Pope?

John7286 Wrote: Feb 17, 2013 3:32 PM
Some comments were very good but overall, what a demonstration of ignorance. Although I usually agree with Mr. Youssef, he is wrong on a number of issues here. As an example, the Catholic Church will accept the baptism of any Christian church. Even Pope Benedict recently stated such. They also recognize many outside the Catholic church as genuinely Christian even though they would like them to return. On the other side, at least they don't recognize antinomianism (lawlessness with the freedom to sin) and they also accept their social responsibility that is missing in so many Evangelical churches. The last two forced me to recently convert to the Catholic faith. Maybe at 69 I am getting senile.

A Godly Man in an Ungodly Age

John7286 Wrote: Feb 12, 2013 1:11 PM
Thanks, Pat. As an old man, I felt the Evangelicals had abandoned society to the secularists and failed to stand for the truth. Last year, I joined the Catholic Church because of strong men of faith like our local kid, now, Cardinal Burke. Maybe the church only appears in decline because it is being cleansed. I am now an elected official at the local and county levels and God has blessed mightly. He is not dead. We just treat Him that way.

The Great Divider

John7286 Wrote: Feb 05, 2013 11:13 AM
Thanks, Paul. You have done it again. You have a way with words that few can match. You didn't receive the Pulitzer Prize for nothing. Thanks for saying it so well: faith in the American people vs. government, true leadership vs. demeaning babble.

Legitimate Rape Arguments

John7286 Wrote: Aug 27, 2012 10:36 AM
J.C. Willke, M.D. fully explains this at http://www.physiciansforlife.org/content/view/492/26/ So Mr. Akin should have used genuine or force or some other word instead of "legitimate". It is all semantics and makes a mountain out of a mole hill. You have fallen into the liberal's trap. Untwist you undies, guys.

Marriage and Political Experience

John7286 Wrote: May 10, 2012 1:15 PM
If Christ doesn't change one's life, then why advocate for something that changes nothing? Cal is entirely correct in what he said. With that said, my wife and I have been married for 47 years, not because it was easy but it was a commitment we both kept to God. It has its own rewards inspite of a few things we may have missed along the way but it was the right thing to do. Our children were offered stability. I do agree that we must follow Christ and not judge ourselves by failed "brothers and sisters" if they are even that. God has his faithful remnant by his mercy.

Elizabeth Warren Dances With Lies

John7286 Wrote: May 10, 2012 12:07 PM
None of my or my wife's ancestors were here before 1880, EXCEPT her great grandmother who was a native American (Indian) That should absolve me of all negative responsibility and make us eligible for all the benefits, right? Neither. We are Americans so share the blame to some degree historically but are also not leaches to share in unearned benefits. That is history so let it be such. We are only responsible for today.
1 - 6