One thing not mentioned is the Senates refusal to abide by the "Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974" which requires a budget from Congress (which includes the Senate) every year. Budgets have originated in the House every year and been killed in the Senate. Dr. Williams who, rightly, put the bill on Congress' tab does not analyze the disfunction brought about by sheer lawlessness of the Senate. We have a perfect storm. A house which is in the hands of the Republican party (unfortunately not the Tea Party) having to play the continuing resolution game with Harry Reid supported by a President who wants to spend whatever he can get and a MSM suggesting anything short of spending to bankruptcy is insensitive, heartless.
Within the past decade, I've written columns titled "Deception 101," "Stubborn Ignorance" and "Exploiting Public Ignorance," all explaining which branch of the federal government has taxing and spending authority. So here it is again: The first clause of Article 1, Section 7 of the U.S. Constitution, generally known as the "origination clause," reads: "All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills." Constitutionally and by precedent, the House of Representatives has the exclusive prerogative to originate bills to appropriate money, as well as to raise...
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago