Dear Carrie, My sister is contemplating a divorce. She's always worked part-time but has pretty much let her husband handle the money. She also has two kids under 10. I'm worried and want to help. Do you have suggestions for how she can protect herself financially? --A ReaderDear Reader, When facing a divorce, emotions often cloud financial judgment, so your sister is lucky to have someone like you to help her think clearly. She could have to deal with some potentially contentious issues, such as division of assets, payment of outstanding debts, spousal and child support -- all of which...
You notice above I had to change to 'D Van Dyke'. I couldn't include the other name for 'Richard', it wouldn't let me post due to profanity. What is this country coming to? Van Dyke's first name is profanity? Anyway, back to the subject, all that she is being advised to do, she should have been doing during her marriage. This 'poor me ' attitude is offensive, I feel sorry for the husband, she must really be a putz, with horrible friends that may be the main cause of her considering divorce...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago