Dear Carrie, My sister is contemplating a divorce. She's always worked part-time but has pretty much let her husband handle the money. She also has two kids under 10. I'm worried and want to help. Do you have suggestions for how she can protect herself financially? --A ReaderDear Reader, When facing a divorce, emotions often cloud financial judgment, so your sister is lucky to have someone like you to help her think clearly. She could have to deal with some potentially contentious issues, such as division of assets, payment of outstanding debts, spousal and child support -- all of which...
You notice above I had to change to 'D Van Dyke'. I couldn't include the other name for 'Richard', it wouldn't let me post due to profanity. What is this country coming to? Van Dyke's first name is profanity? Anyway, back to the subject, all that she is being advised to do, she should have been doing during her marriage. This 'poor me ' attitude is offensive, I feel sorry for the husband, she must really be a putz, with horrible friends that may be the main cause of her considering divorce...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 10 hours ago