What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Benefits are a good point. But actually it might be cheaper to pay the one million$ a year and get rid of all the benefits except medical for their one term. Or you could also offer a 401K where they get matched on the first 3% just like us. But no retirement. Once the term is over they can get on COBRA for 18 months if they want to. They get their million, we dont have to have a permanent relationship paying them for life. Kind of like Anthony Weiner who is a loser, I have a funny feeling we are still paying him something. Same with the GSA and other resigning lately. Seems like they cant be fired and the US government has to pay them for life. Sheeeeesh...... :(
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 22 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014