What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Benefits are a good point. But actually it might be cheaper to pay the one million$ a year and get rid of all the benefits except medical for their one term. Or you could also offer a 401K where they get matched on the first 3% just like us. But no retirement. Once the term is over they can get on COBRA for 18 months if they want to. They get their million, we dont have to have a permanent relationship paying them for life. Kind of like Anthony Weiner who is a loser, I have a funny feeling we are still paying him something. Same with the GSA and other resigning lately. Seems like they cant be fired and the US government has to pay them for life. Sheeeeesh...... :(
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago