There's a dastardly conspiracy afoot to shut down the United States Postal Service, Lefty screamer Ed Schultz has informed his MSNBC audience. The culprits? Republicans, match. The USPS recently announced its decision to end Saturday mail service, an attempt to stanch its years-long budget bleeding; the federal entity lost $16 billion in 2012. Though this move is only projected to save the Post Office roughly $2 billion annually, it's still an important nod to reality. I discussed this issue on CNBC last night, where even the liberal panelist seemed to agree that major reductions are in order and...
A neighbor of mine works for the Post Office. He drives a BMW. Must be nice.
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 37 minutes ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 3 hours ago