It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
Instead of an "update" you should change the intentionally misleading title of this deep piece of "journalism".
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago