It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
Your myopic view forgot that we gave 4 BILLION in welfare to the oil companies last year, even as they made 20-30B in profits. We also paid farmers NOT to farm Unlike people that are hungry and need food, each of the proceeding groups has a lobby in washington to influence their welfare payments while hungry people don't. When did it become OK for people in the U.S. to go to bed hungry?
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria; Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago