Honestly? Yes. Reid has typically been a hesitant ally to those concerned about the weakening of the second amendment. The more concerning portion of the interview comes from Reid's apparent assumption that the second amendment is about hunting, rather than being about the fundamental right to protect oneself, one's families and one's properties (fundamental rights themselves) from those that would do them harm. The more people come to accept that "The second amendment is about hunting", the less important it seems to be to the average populace in a modern, multi-national society.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago