Honestly? Yes. Reid has typically been a hesitant ally to those concerned about the weakening of the second amendment. The more concerning portion of the interview comes from Reid's apparent assumption that the second amendment is about hunting, rather than being about the fundamental right to protect oneself, one's families and one's properties (fundamental rights themselves) from those that would do them harm. The more people come to accept that "The second amendment is about hunting", the less important it seems to be to the average populace in a modern, multi-national society.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 7 hours ago