Honestly? Yes. Reid has typically been a hesitant ally to those concerned about the weakening of the second amendment. The more concerning portion of the interview comes from Reid's apparent assumption that the second amendment is about hunting, rather than being about the fundamental right to protect oneself, one's families and one's properties (fundamental rights themselves) from those that would do them harm. The more people come to accept that "The second amendment is about hunting", the less important it seems to be to the average populace in a modern, multi-national society.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago