One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
What get me is that Letterman is one of those super millionaires that Obama want to raise taxes on. Or do you think Obama promised not to raise his, like he informed the Defense Contractors that they would hold up their lay-off notices, until after the election, that the government would pick up their fines and legal costs.. But he still supports Obama. Does that not raise questions or not?
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago