Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
Yeah. We used to be the sixth largest economy. With 1/3 of all welfare takers and millions of illegal aliens taking, the state is now just (after this election) leaping off the cliff. Millions of students with no knowledge of American or world history and $$ takers voting to up taxes every 2 years, it costs a lot more to rent a one way moving van out of California than to move in. You are talking to someone who knows how California used to be. A State blessed with great beauty and bountiful resources that are resented by the ruling elite. Nice try.
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 13 hours ago