Leading up to the 2012 election cycle, many analysts predicted Republicans would seize a Senate majority with relative ease. The math is heavily tilted in their favor: Of the 33 seats up for grabs, 23 are controlled by Democrats. The GOP needs to net four seats to guarantee control of Congress' upper chamber. If Mitt Romney wins the presidency, a net of three seats would hand Republicans an effective majority, as Vice President Ryan would act as the tie-breaker. But a few funny things happened on the way to 51 seats. Safe incumbent Olympia Snowe of Maine decided to...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 15 hours ago