In response to:

Romney: 47% Of Americans Will Vote for Obama No Matter What

John*37 Wrote: Sep 19, 2012 1:20 PM
Romney’s comments are correct but let’s ask a simple question. If the 47% were the total US population what kind of country would we be? A happier prospect, what if it were populated solely by the other 53%? A realistic and desirable winning strategy is for Romney to target that hopefully significant portion of the 47% who hope to join the 53!
kwarner968 Wrote: Sep 28, 2012 11:28 PM
We'd be a nation of the retired, of students, of military, and a selection of otherwise poor.

The demographics of those who make up the 47% are predominantly the retired, students, military, and so forth. Those who are retired were likely once in the 53%. Do you suggest they end their retirement? With respect to students - they're working on becoming a member of the 53%. They haven't made it there yet. Part of the reason behind the rise in the number of people not on the tax rolls is because of the retiring baby boomer generation. We haven't all suddenly become leeches - unless you consider all of the elderly leeches, that is.
Mother Jones has obtained and released video of Mitt Romney saying some things that Americans and the media will no doubt take uncharitably.

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to...