I realize that my degree from M. I.T. does not guarantee that I am so much smarter than Hugo Schwyzer, or any other teacher at Pasadena City College for that matter; however that background does guarantee that I am not dumb enough to accept the rambling rants and rationalizations of Schwyzer (which are rooted in militant ignorance) as a substitute for rational thought.

Invincible Ignorance

John2909 Wrote: Dec 18, 2012 11:30 AM
Their ignorance is definitely not innocent. Yet invincible doesn’t adequately capture their stance either. I would characterize their ignorance as a militant ignorance. This type of ignorance precludes all rational debate. A much more malignant condition, in my opinion.

Cuckoo Medicine

John2909 Wrote: Oct 17, 2012 8:49 AM
As an engineer with over 40 years of experience, I have worked on a multitude of different projects. They varied from the wildly successful ones to projects that were complete abject failures. In that time I have never, I repeat NEVER seen a sick project get cured by bringing in more management. Quite the contrary more management inevitably hastened the death of a struggling program. Government management of our sick health care system will kill.

Obama Has Earned Next To Nothing In Life

John2909 Wrote: Oct 10, 2012 12:12 PM
President Obama is the product of a grade inflated Ivy League education which promoted self esteem rather than learning, and as a result he ended up valuing privilege more than merit. It’s like he just stepped out of the bar scene in “Good Will Hunting”. Unfortunately for this country Obama is no Will Hunting, he’s more like the Michael Bolton clone.

Lowlife Harry Reid Should Resign

John2909 Wrote: Sep 28, 2012 8:55 AM
Dr. Scott Peck wrote a book about Harry Reid and people like him. It was called “People of the Lie”. I hesitated about making this post because I’m a little uneasy with making this accusation. Those of you familiar with the book will know why. However, upon further thought I concluded it would be appropriate.
If Obama hadn’t fired all the car guys at GM when he took over the Volt would have probably never gone into production. Wagoner and Lutz would have never made the bets that Obama and Chu have made and the Volt would have remained a technology demonstrator. Isaac Asimov said that “Science can amuse and fascinate us all, but it is engineering that changes the world.” Chu should stick to science and stay away from engineering because he is not even remotely qualified to be an engineer.

No More 'Mr. Nice Guy' Foreign Policy

John2909 Wrote: Sep 19, 2012 11:38 AM
Why allow President Obam to claim credit for getting Bin Laden? “Leave no man behind,” is an often heard refrain from the US military. However, it is a philosophy that our commander in chief apparently does not subscribe to. He not only left a man behind (Pakistani doctor) he exposed that doctor by leaking the particulars of the operation so that the doctor could be tracked down and arrested by Pakistani officials. A truly despicable act. Until that doctor is out of prison and out of Pakistan the President’s Bin Laden grade should be “incomplete”.

Clinton Myths

John2909 Wrote: Sep 13, 2012 12:47 PM
And, I say Clinton did not balance the budget or create surpluses. Neither did Gingrich. The balancing act and the surpluses claimed were created with borrowed money (Social Security). Kind of the same thing Jon Corzine did at MF Global or even what Bernie Madoff did. Take money from one account to shore up another account. Madoff is in jail. Corzine should be going to jail. Clinton and Gingrich, maybe not but I wish they would both just shut up about it.

The Nays Have it … Oh, Never Mind

John2909 Wrote: Sep 07, 2012 4:10 PM
The reason I was uncomfortable with the Patriot act was the knowledge that sooner or later the democrats would get hold of it. Remember the first words out of Napolitano’s lips were to warn us about the threat from vets returning from the war.

The Nays Have it … Oh, Never Mind

John2909 Wrote: Sep 07, 2012 10:25 AM
What a hoot. We actually got to see right there on TV “live” the democrats steal an election. To reach the result they wanted they resorted to a long cherished democrat tradition of counting the votes of the dead. They obviously also considered the majority of the No votes to be cast by illegal’s without proper registration credentials. Brilliant? No, just another example of “Harvard dumb”.