"Information is the most valuable and powerful currency on earth." - So basically, the government is stealing from its own citizens and you're defending it. The legal safeguards you refer to mean little. They can be bypassed by unscrupulous individuals and there is no guarantee they wouldn't be done away with altogether at some point -- and then all that information would be there for a corrupt regime to abuse.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 6 hours ago