A virtuosic and tenacious performance from South Carolina's senior Senator, who happens to be a former military prosecutor. Watch below as he holds Secretary Panetta and General Dempsey's feet to the fire on Benghazi, eliciting several eye-opening admissions: (1) The president only discussed the attack once before its conclusion and never asked for a single status update throughout the seven-hour siege. (2) Aside from the small Tripoli support team, no US assets were deployed during the hours-long attack. (3) Gen. Dempsey was "surprised" that Secretary Clinton was unaware of Amb. Stevens' urgent cable warning about the deteriorating security situation...
In response to:
So with ALL the history of attacks on U.S. consulates SINCE 9/11 we can't expect to hold the president responsible for protecting our citizens or embassies in hot areas when he has actionable intel?!!!! How stupid is your statement regarding 9/11 and bush! I supposed Clinton is also without fault even though HE had actionable evidence of osama bin laden's location in somalia and didn't act on it???!!! I hope you don't have a family that depends on YOU. With your logic they'll be dead before you take any action even with full knowledge of a threat from historical evidence!
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 32 mins ago
- WaPo factchecker to Grimes: You should be ashamed of yourself Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crumble: Wendy Davis trails by 16, down two among women, leads by just two with Latinos Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Circular firing squad: Democrats ready to dump on Obama if they lose the Senate Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 3 hours ago