A virtuosic and tenacious performance from South Carolina's senior Senator, who happens to be a former military prosecutor. Watch below as he holds Secretary Panetta and General Dempsey's feet to the fire on Benghazi, eliciting several eye-opening admissions: (1) The president only discussed the attack once before its conclusion and never asked for a single status update throughout the seven-hour siege. (2) Aside from the small Tripoli support team, no US assets were deployed during the hours-long attack. (3) Gen. Dempsey was "surprised" that Secretary Clinton was unaware of Amb. Stevens' urgent cable warning about the deteriorating security situation...
In response to:
So with ALL the history of attacks on U.S. consulates SINCE 9/11 we can't expect to hold the president responsible for protecting our citizens or embassies in hot areas when he has actionable intel?!!!! How stupid is your statement regarding 9/11 and bush! I supposed Clinton is also without fault even though HE had actionable evidence of osama bin laden's location in somalia and didn't act on it???!!! I hope you don't have a family that depends on YOU. With your logic they'll be dead before you take any action even with full knowledge of a threat from historical evidence!
- Fox poll: 61% thinks Obama lies on important matters Ed Morrissey 19 minutes ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago