Arizona Senator John McCain apparently didn't think calling Senators Rand Paul, Ted Cruz "whacko birds" was enough. Over the weekend McCain said he just doesn't "understand" why GOP Senators would filibuster any type of gun control legislation, saying the Senate should at least have debate on the issue.
"I don't understand it," the Arizona Republican said on Sunday of the threat coming from Sen. Rand Paul,Sen. Ted Cruz, Sen. Mike Lee and nine other Republicans. "The purpose of the United States Senate is to debate and to vote and to let the people know where we stand.”
- WaPo columnist: Home ownership is a lousy investment Ed Morrissey 40 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: IRS agents who didn’t pay their taxes get $1 million in bonuses Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Most popular guy in the Party of Fair Share to endorse tax cheat for 23rd term Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Oh, good: The EPA finally, retroactively lowers a 2013 biofuels requirement to reflect the fact that the required biofuels did not actually exist Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- The Scalia – Sotomayor Thunderdome Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago